Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Simplicity

About twenty minutes ago I was rejected from Wheaton College. The funny thing is that instead of being down about this news, I was actually quite relieved. Yesterday I was wait listed at another college that I applied to and I wasn't even sure what to do with that news. In fact, I still don't know if I should be sad or not; I don't know what to make of it. But rejection is simple, it's a decision that I can live with. At first I thought that it was in its finality that I liked rejection, but then I thought that if I had been accepted, I would have one more option to to confuse me as I chose my college. So really, I think I like this rejection because of its simplicity; this wasn't a college that I wanted to go to intensely, it was just a "why not?' type of application. So not being accepted here simplifies my decision immensely for me.

I guess the entire point of this post is this statement.

Yay for simplicity!